Thursday, January 8, 2009

Is This Thing On?

Welcome to my first blog entry on my new venture, Hillbilly Hilarity.
When you take a city girl, marry her off to a backwoods country boy, move her out to the middle of nowhere, throw in 30+ animals of various types, 3 very unique kids, and some crazy friends and family, it's a sitcom waiting to be made. But NBC hasn't called yet so while we wait for that call I decided to start a blog. This blog is here to educate you on animal care, acreage management, and child rearing. Are you kidding me? I don't know the first thing about any of those so this is just really to entertain you with stories from this zoo we call life. They always make us laugh and I hope they do the same for you.
In addition to zookeeping and childbearing, I love music, cooking and shopping so there may be on occasional entry that may have to do with those things that you might actually learn something from. Probably not, but at least it will break up the monotony of story after story of my blonde moments, animal mishaps, and funny kid sayings.
Glad you're here, stick around and feel free to comment. It'd be nice to know someone's out there actually reading this stuff. :)
Enjoy

5 comments:

  1. I'm reading! Welcome to the blogger world~MySpace isn't "fun" anymore! I added you on my blog list already....so keep posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Welcome to the blog world! I got a referral on my blog from this website - I thought "What in the world is this?", clicked on it and here I am! YAY! Looking forward to reading about the adventures. You're a great writer. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi My Friend - You know I'm one of your biggest fans when it comes to your stories, I'm happy you are sharing....keep it up and I look forward to reading future blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've added your link to my "favorites" and will be checking in frequently. Does GI Joe ever get to post any of his good stories? I know he has some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To Doug,
    I may on occasion allow him to share some of his stories but I of course will have to preview, edit, and probably censor.

    ReplyDelete