Friday, January 23, 2009

Cha Cha Salsa

This is a top secret restaurant recipe that you must not tell anyone you got from me. if ever confronted about it I will deny it and throw you under the bus! The lengths I had to go to in order to obtain this recipe are indescribable. You know that restaurant with the big red pepper on the outside that have the bottomless chips and salsa for a mere $2.99? Well, this my friends is the recipe for that delicious, eat it til you have to waddle out, salsa. Psssssttt...it's super super easy and you will probably never buy salsa again. You're welcome.


1 can diced tomatoes, I usually get the garlic and onion kind but any is fine
1 small can diced green chiles
1 T. lime juice
1 t. salt.
1/2 t. cumin
chopped onion or onion powder to taste, I usually do 1 T. onion powder
canned or jarred jalapenos to taste, usually 2 or 3 slices, makes it the same heat as the restaurant.


Combine everything but the jalapenos into a blender. Turn blender on high for just a second or two until it's pureed but still has some tomato chunks. If you overdo it with the blender don't worry about it, still tastes great. Finely chop up jalapenos, remember not to touch your eyes when dealing with jalapenos. Red, puffy, watery eyes are not a good look for anyone. Mix jalapenos in. Put in fridge for a couple of hours so that the flavors can "meld". Devour with some nice and salty tortilla chips.


It takes all of about 3 minutes. I make it on a weekly basis it's that good! Ole!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi My Friend, can't wait to try the salsa recipe, I know you have talked about it before, but I never asked you about the secret recipe. Don't worry,I won't tell...ssshhhh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lunch last week must have put you in the salsa mood. I met my girlfriends at Mi Mexico next door to Chilis the next evening for MORE chips and salsa. The food was very good. I miss treat days at work and your new recipes. I'll be waiting for more recipes

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are true Prairie Princess followers in this house. Not only did I try my 3rd Pioneer Woman recipe tongiht (thanks for introducing me) but Josh - yes, that's right, JOSH - made this salsa tonight and we all loved it. In fact, Jett decided dipping chips was too cumbersome and opted for his own bowl and spoon. And we allowed it. Thanks for the great recipe!

    ReplyDelete