Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Ambience

Here at the zoo we strive to create an atmosphere of elegance and class. That's why you won't see something like this proudly displayed anywhere but here....




I wanted Aladdin the Peacock, who bears a striking resemblance to the peacock on the sign to pose in front of it for the picture. But strangely enough he was too busy perched atop the neighbor's (aka in-law's) house. Like I said Class with a capital C, that's our middle name. The irony of this is, that since the sign has been posted the peacocks have been nowhere near the road. Go figure. Oh well, I still think it brightens up an otherwise boring, plain gravel road AND gives the snooty neighbors new subject material about us to discuss. It's kinda what we live to do.

Speaking of ambience, some people dim the lights or play a little soft music during dinner. No need for that here. We just sit at our table and look out the patio doors to behold this magnificent sight...





sitting on our deck, watching us eat, hoping we will take pity on him and throw out some cat food. He's obviously starved.

And there you have it, reason 837802 we can never live in a development with "rules".

P.S. I know many of you are anxious for the post regarding our 7 year old wannabe runaway, I promise it's coming. I just don't have the strength tonight. That and I need to put some filters on my blog to make sure DHS can't get to it before I post it. Oh yeah it's that good. Stay tuned.....


2 comments:

  1. Did the city have to "OK" your sign? Or how does that work when you don't live in the city limits~or do they just let you country bumpkins do whatever it is you do out in the boonies!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm we do like we always do and didn't ask. :) It's in our ditch so I think we're ok. If not you'll see it in a blog post soon!

    ReplyDelete