Sunday, June 7, 2009

Cross Blogging

T-3 hours after GI Joe's departure....a trip to the park w/ my friend Jessie and her 2 boys.
A little background about my girl Jessie. We met at work years ago and have been friends ever since. I mentored her through her first pregnancy in which I walked her through registering since she was unfamiliar w/ all of the baby equipment and their purposes. (ie: baby play yard vs. playpen, remember that Jess!?!) In return, she's mentored me thru the start up of my blog, among other things. She inspired me to start a blog really. She's been blogging here www.zeiglercustomquilts.com/blog for a long time and I've always been a faithful reader. When Hillbilly Hilarity was born, it was Jessie that I called. She's very smart (but NOT in a nerdy, you're an idiot cuz I'm so smart, kinda way), hip, and witty. If you haven't already gotten hooked on her blog by clicking on it from my blog list, you need to go there immediately, bookmark it, and check it daily. Especially today since she has a very similar post to this featuring yours truly. Not to be bossy of course, but she does giveaways and has a weekly guest blogger and all kinds of other professional blogger stuff. I want to be just like her when I grow up, what with her fancy blog and mad photography skills and all. It's good to have goals.
Although Jessie and I don't get to see each other very often but she's one of those friends that no matter how much time has passed since we last talked, the minute we're together we pick up right where we left off. An afternoon in the park w/ Jessie and her boys on a gorgeous summer day was exactly what the doctor ordered to chase away the GI Joe blues.
To steal a line from Jessie's blog......2 moms, 5 kids, 2 cameras, and 2 blogs. Could be the makings of a sitcom or could just be a reason for a "cross blog" event. Here are some photos from the day. Check out Jessie's blog for the really good pictures since she actually knows how to use her camera, I just pretend. But here a few I took.

He can be so darn cute when he's not sulking or pouting or fighting or whining or driving-his- mother-crazy-and-it-hadn't-even-been-half-a-day-since-his-father-left. Might be time for another long drive in the country.
Ryder: "Dude, I wouldn't eat that if I were you."
Jude: "You sure? It doesn't look too bad."


I helped name both of these boys. One because I'm his mother and the other by helping his Mama come up with a unique J name for her 2nd baby over chips and salsa at our fave Mexican hangout. We came up with Jett, it stuck and luckily her husband agreed. It's one of my proudest accomplishments to date.


Did you know that the odds of taking a picture of 5 kids of varying ages in which they are all looking towards the camera and preferrably smiling is similar to those of winning the lottery? And although my kids look less than thrilled it was more so to do with having their picture taken (again) than with the company they were in.


The Mom Blogger Squad. Jessie looks great at 30+ weeks pregnant and I, well I have no excuse cuz I'm not 30 weeks pregnant.
Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next on the blog.....40 minutes, 40 acres, one 9 year old girl. Let's just say, Friday was the last good day on the books for the Prairie Princess since GI Joe's departure. I need reinforcements.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I'm blushing! You're way too generous. WAY. But thanks all the same, it's nice to be flattered! You're such a great friend, PP. Can I call you that? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pictures of the kids!
    Can't wait to hear about Dakota~it's starting early for you @ 9, mine started being 'naughty' at around 10ish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm cross-bloggin! Jessie's sister here-
    What cute kids you have!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Jessie's mom and I have been reading your blogs periodically and they wear me out - you have such an active household! I love your sense of humor, your creativity, your writing skills and am wondering when you have time to blog!

    ReplyDelete