Monday, January 17, 2011

Happy T-ewe-sday

Happy T-ewe-sday.  Get it she's a ewe which sounds like the "ue" in Tuesday?!?  Aren't you glad I spelled that out for you so clearly.   Definitely one of my finer moments.  Also, doesn't it look like she's smiling?

There are few things I love in life like I love alliteration, rhyming, and play on words.  Hence my blog name Hillbilly Hilarity, my pen name Prairie Princess, and my cow, Holy, as in HOLY COW!  GET IT?!?  And I just cracked myself up.  At least I spared you the rhymes. 

Here a few Tuesday Tidbits for you (see how I just can't resist being swayed by the powers of alliteration?).

*I attended my niece, Savannah's, 4th birthday party on Saturday.  It was a princess party aka "ball" wherein Savannah wore a princessy dress and a crown and we were her loyal subjects.  So really no different from any other day.  Prior to the party, my sister asked Savannah if I could wear my princess dress too because in my family I am regarded as "the princess".  Savannah's response?  "NO, I'M THE PRINCESS!"  Wow, the crown doesn't fall too far from the thrown huh?  So instead of flitting around in MY princess dress I got to be the royal photographer and also the royal cupcake maker.  My beloved pink Babycakes maker got quite a work out as we whipped up about 75 cupcakes.  That Savannah knows how to throw a party!

*After slaving away all afternoon at the royal ball, we went out to dinner at my new favorite restaurant called Mi Ranchito in Lenexa, KS.  Listen, I don't just throw things like what I'm about to say out there, but I have to say it was the BEST Mexican food I've EVER eaten, and believe me I've eaten ALOT of Mexican food in a lot of places including a roadside cart in Mexico itself against the strict instructions of our tour guide, and still nothing compares.  The salsa was perfection and I may or may not have been drinking it with a straw and then the entrees came and I died and went to Mexican Heaven where I was serenaded by angels wearing turquoise cowboy boots and playing in a mariachi band.  I had the special which was a Shrimp and Guacamole Enchilada and OMGoodness.   The creamy velvety sauce had all kinds of vegetables in it so it was basically like I was eating a salad.  Never mind the quart of "champagne queso" sauce it was swimming in.  Then because we're a family that shares, I sampled Heidi's enchilada and I couldn't tell you what it was called but all I know is that I want to take a bath in the sauce that covered it.  It was a creamy white queso with spinach and spices and tomatoes and OMGoodness again.  Heidi had raved about the Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas that my godmother Nita ordered so I sampled those too (all in the name of science you know), and I've said it before and I'll say it again...OMGoodness.  The likes of which my tastebuds have never known before in any other Mexican restaurant....EVER.  And here it is 24 hours later and I'm savoring my leftovers and dreaming of a return trip to the land of  milk and honey chips and salsa. 

*The highlight of the dinner besides the glorious food, was when Heidi left her phone unattended on the table and  I hijacked it to send out random text messages.  Text messages announcing to her friends some of her new lifestyle choices.  She hadn't worked up the nerve yet to tell her friends that she was becoming Mormon because she wanted to become a sister wife OR that she has had a change of heart and now likes girls.  As her big sister I shouldered that burden for her (as her) and let the world know.  If only everyone could have such a caring older sister.  P.S.  Hi David!  Someday we WILL have to meet no matter how hard Heidi tries to keep us apart.  :)

*Dakota has decided she wants to show rabbits for 4H.  Great, no big deal and no trying to maneuver fairgrounds with a horse trailer attached.  However, since making this decision and signing up for that at the 4H meeting on Saturday she is on a bunny bonanza (I just did it again, I have a serious problem.)  She's read a book about rabbits front to back and that is all she wants to talk about.  It's gotten so bad that I just found a post that she posted on a gaming message board that she signed as "Bunny Breeder Out".  Reallly?  REALLY?!?  Apparently, she likes the alliteration as much as her mother.  But Bunny Breeder?  That's the best she could do.  Ugggh.  I have no words. 

*I know there are some of you out there who have a bit of calf envy and love my Holy nearly as much as I do.  I haven't shown you a picture in awhile so here he is in all of his winter glory. 


And my heart just skipped a beat, I love my cow steer. 

Have a cow-a-bunga day!  OK I'll stop now and I'll understand if this is goodbye forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment