Monday, March 16, 2009

Hey Ya'll

I felt obligated to title my post in such a southern way given that I'm blogging live from down south in the beautiful state of Tennessee.

Here are a few tidbits from Tennessee:

1) Upon my first visit with my gorgeous niece Kaydence in the NICU I was scolded sternly by her nurse for being "too social" with her. Apparently, my conversation with her regarding nail polish, shopping, and her shoe size took her breath away....literally. Obviously, the nurse didn't realize who she was dealing with or the genes that Miss Kaydence has which mean she can't help but be social. I'm happy to report that my sister was not angry at me for messing with her daughter's oxygen level but instead was giggling hysterically in the corner while I was getting my hand slapped by the Nurse Nazi, I mean Nurse. :)

2) Today, I suffered a very serious concussion...in a scrapbook store. And it was all because I am a good sister who didn't want my poor sister to have to bend over to pick up something she dropped and risk losing her pants (they were too big). So I bent over to pick it up for her and when I came up at a high rate of speed, I cracked my head on the checkout counter. I now have a hemotbobin smobin and have been slightly loopy since the accident. And I received so much sympathy from the store owner AND my sister. And by sympathy I mean hysterical laughing of course. Thanks for that. I'm wearing a helmet next time. And you think I'm kidding.

3) I've decided I want to talk like a Tennessean. I'm currently working on my southern accent. I love to hear these people talk it's so soothing and sweet and makes me hungry for biscuits and sweet tea.

4) Today, post concussion, we went to the coolest pizza place ever for lunch. I don't remember much about it but I'm not sure if that was due to my head injury OR the fact that the pizza place was called the Mellow Mushroom and had a sign that actually said "Not to be blunt but let's keep this joint clean". Love it.

Tune in for more Tennessee tidbits, we're here another 24 hours. Look out ya'll!

1 comment:

  1. I've spent some time in TN on business. I love it there. You know when you're really talking like a Tennesean when you say "I'm fixin' to go to the store..." or some such. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete