Monday, February 2, 2009

A "Super" Weekend

A few highlights from the weekend.

We took Blade and Ryder to see Brad Paisley, Dierks Bentley, and Darius Rucker in concert in Omaha. We had great seats and the show was outstanding. After Dierks played, GI Joe was in the restroom when he overheard one guy say this to another.
"Dude, Dierks was so awesome, I've got a MANCRUSH on him." I think it goes without saying that GI Joe made a speedy exit. Something about the words mancrush being used in the men's restroom made him squirmy.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I declared that I was rooting for the Rams to win the Super Bowl because I love Kurt Warner. I'm sad to report that that the Rams didn't win, neither did the Cardinals for that matter. GI Joe was not impressed with my lack of football knowledge.

We hosted our traditional Super Bowl party with a select few friends and family (GI Joe takes football very seriously even though his team didn't make it) which included GI Joe's brofriend, John, (we'll talk about THAT whole thing another time) who happens to be the most die hard Steelers fan of all time. There were times during the game I really thought John might need recessitating, thankfully his wife was there to handle the mouth to mouth so GI Joe wouldn't have to do it. I think that would cross the guy love/brofriend line.


During the Super Bowl, the kids were playing in another room when all of the sudden we heard Blade yell "They took my pants!" I went in to see what the fuss was about and he indeed was pantless trying to hide his tighty whities with his shirt. When I asked what happened to his pants he said that the rest of the kids (Ryder, Dakota, and the 8 year old daughter of our friend) had taken his pants. I don't know specifics and frankly, I'm sure they would frighten me. All I know is that had better be the last time that happens to him at a party!

The highlight of the Super Bowl for me, besides the plethora of culinary delights, was when every person at our house watching the game put on the 3D glasses to watch the Monsters vs. Aliens commercial. We did not look like dorks at all. I'm just glad I was the one taking the picture.

I woke up on Monday morning feeling every bit of my old age from lack of sleep, eating too much spicy Super Bowl food (P.S. Pioneer Woman's Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno things are AMAZING), and laughing too hard at the after Super Bowl episode of the Office. If you don't watch the Office, please go immediately to the NBC website and watch Sunday night's episode. The first 10 minutes alone will hook you for life. We've watched it 4 times since then and I've felt justified in taking a short hiatus from ab workouts as they are getting a great work out just by watching that episode.

1 comment:

  1. As a fellow "OFFICE" junkie, I will admit it was one of their best episodes. Glad to know that you and GI Joe are also hooked on it. Now you need to work on your BFF getting hooked on it

    ReplyDelete