Friday, March 4, 2011

Kids Say the Darndest Things #1989839

Call off the Bad Mom Society, things are back to moonshine sunshine and rainbows again.  Here's some free parenting advice, closets really work for adjusting misaligned juvenile attitudes. I'm kidding, seriously put down the phone, no need to call CPS.  My patience seems to have made a slight comeback while at the same time the kids' level of crazy seems to have leveled off or perhaps they saw that their normally even tempered, calm Mommy was on the verge of  LOSING HER MIND.  Whatever it is, I'm just glad we all made it out unscathed, well besides the emotional scarring from their Mommy sticking her fingers in her ears and chanting, "I'm not listening, I'm not listening.." but they can work that out in therapy later on.
I think the turning point from Bad Mom to At Least Trying to Be a Good Mom was when on the way to church last night, Ryder, completely out of the blue, popped up with, "Mommy, I can't wait til you're a GRANDMA!"  Once I got the PMobile back on the road from nearly driving into a nearby ditch, I took a couple deep breaths into a paper bag, swallowed hard and said, "Ummm ok.  What makes you say that?  You haven't even graduated elementary school yet.  Seven might be a little young to be thinking about such things."
He very matter of factly told me, "But it will be so awesome when you're a grandma when either me or Blade have kids. I just can't wait."  (Not sure why he decided Dakota will not be having kids.)
"Well, umm, I CAN wait, I'm just fine being a mommy for now, we can wait a good 15 years or so to make me a grandma," said I between breaths into the paper bag.
"But when you're a grandma, I'll be a DAD!"
"Umm yeah that's true but again you're 7 and last time I asked you about Lucy in your class you told me she was cool since she was like a boy, so I don't think you're quite ready to be a dad or more  importantly for me to be a Grandma."
Not one to let anyone put a damper on his enthusiasm, he replied, "It will be awhile but I still can't wait cuz when you're a Grandma, YOU'LL BE OLD!!!"


And scene. 


I'm gonna take the glass half full approach on this and say that, 1) he can't wait because  THEN I'll be old, which in essence he is saying right now I'm YOUNG=win for me 2) he can't wait for me to be a Grandma because he know what a "cool" Grandma I'll be.  Yeah, yeah that's it.  Rack up another win for Granny.  And finally, 3) he still loves me enough even after my bad mom moments as of late to grant me grandmother visitation rights.  Phew, that's a relief.  

See, I've got nothing to worry about, right?!?  Right?!?   *Crickets* 

Love and Cookies,
Grandma Prairie Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment