Thursday, July 26, 2012

Food Friday...Finally

Would you look what's back?!?  Finally.  It's been awhile huh?  I've missed it.  While I love eating basically every meal out on vacation, I was the girl planning what I was going to make as soon as we got home as we were driving home.  Is that weird?  Yeah, I know, oh well.

At the top of my list to make once I was back in the welcoming arms of my kitchen?

This Brownie Batter Milkshake.

You heard me, BROWNIE. BATTER. MILKSHAKE. 

I made this while we were still in vacation mode.  You know the mode that says eat whatever you want because YOU'RE ON VACATION!  It was recoup day, the day after we got home but the day before we had to go back to work.  This made that sting a little less. 

So even if you're not actually on or returning from vacation you should make this.  It's a vacation in your mouth.  And it's good for your mental health so that basically makes it guilt free.  Mental health trumps calories..duh.  Also, it beats begging the girl at Dairy Queen to please please PLEASE bring back the Brownie Batter Blizzard.  Which is futile I might add.  I mean, not that I know this from experience but I've just heard. If it were me I'd be begging for not only the Brownie Batter Blizzard but the Confetti Cake Blizzard, also futile or so I've heard. Why must all good things have to end Dairy Queen, WHY?!?

ANYWAY, here's the recipe. I didn't come up with it I just happen to read a very funny blog, Cookiesandcups, written by a blogger who has very similar views in life (ex: brownie batter is awesome and peanut butter cups make the world go round) who posted it.  I feel it my civic duty to share it with you in case you don't read her blog, which you totally should, right after you read mine. 

Brownie Batter Milkshake (and don't skip the Brownie Batter Whipped Cream that puts it right over the top)
3 cups vanilla ice cream
1 1/2 c. dry brownie mix
1 c. cold milk
Put all 3 ingredients in a blender and you guessed it, BLEND.  Then really impress your family and friends by making the Brownie Batter Whipped CReam to go on top.  If you're gonna do this thing, you should DO this thing. 
For the BB Whipped Cream
1 pt heavy whipping cream
1 c. dry brownie mix
Put your mixing bowl and beaters in the fridge or freezer for a little bit to get them nice and cold, this is a little trick brought to you by Prairie Princess.  It'll help your cream turn into whipped deliciousness faster.  Combine the brownie mix and cream in a large mixing bowl, preferably of a stand mixer.  Use whisk attachment, beat on medium high to high for 2-3 minutes until whipped cream forms stiff peaks.  Dollop on top of your milkshake and devour.  And then have a stomachache from the richness and because you couldn't stop eating it when you knew you should have.

This milkshake right here won me some "Best Mom Ever" points and we all know those can be hard to come by.  Enjoy!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment