Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Hot Off the...well, Just HOT

Oh what's this, a post from the girl who said she'd never blog again?!?  I told you sometimes it's just a mind game with myself. Just have to tell myself I'm done and then wham bam, there's the urge to blog again!  I'm gonna keep blogging, sporadically of course, because that's how I roll.

Still working on the rest of the NKOTB recap and the vacation variety hour blog but for now I thought I'd join in with the rest of the cyber world and voice my thoughts about this heat wave we're under. Why?  Because that's thrilling blog material, that's why. As for the heat, I love it, I cherish it, I relish in it...as long as I am either a) in air conditioning b) in a pool c) on a beach or d and probably most importantly) have a cherry dip cone accessible to me. I will take this weather over blizzard and freezing any day. Don't hate, hydrate!


OK enough boring weather talk, but I do have to share this heat related one liner GI Joe told me, "It's so hot that the butter cow has runs." Bah dah dah dum...I'll be here all week, folks.


Moving on....

You'll be relieved to know that I did not massacre my songs for Cheri's wedding on Saturday.  I don't think even if I had messed up anyone would've noticed since most of the guests were passed out from heat stroke and all.  Just kidding, it was a beautiful, emotional, outdoor ceremony that gave a new meaning to the words "glowing bride" (and everyone else).  It was short and sweet and then the real fun began.  You know it's going to be a good time when the reception time and location is posted on the gas station sign  and the blinking marquee in the middle of town, and it did not disappoint.   Small town Iowa, gotta love it.  Such a fun night. 

 
Consider this a catchy, witty segue from the wedding to an unrelated story...
 I was at Sam's Club today and the man in line behind me asked me if I was a dancer or a runner because I have very beautiful legs. I responded by snorting, hysterical, rolling on the floor laughter because if there are two things I'm NOT it's a dancer (NKOTB dance moves don't count) or a runner. He was surprised and said, "Really? Because they look like you work really hard at them" to which I responded with more hysterical laughter. That my friends, is the power of wearing high heels. In fact, I'm having t-shirts printed that say, "Skip the run, wear heels." It's my life's motto.
 
Order yours today.

In other news, all 3 kids are back under our roof again for the first time in nearly a month.  Before vacation, Dakota spent the week at my sister's in TN and then on our way home from vacation the boys were dropped off with her for their turn at Camp Hilary.  Here's what I've learned from having 1 child in the house, especially when that child is a girl, a very tomboyish girl but a girl nonetheless. 
*I only had to run the dishwasher every OTHER day instead of TWICE a day or at least daily. 
*The amount of laundry to be done decreased dramatically when the boys were absent.  So did the noise level. 
*The house and most noteably the bathrooms, seemed to stay cleaner for longer periods of time with only Dakota home.  Now I'm not saying that the boys are messy I'm just telling you what my research has shown. 
*I was not subjected to even one second of WWE Raw or Smackdown or whatever else they call those events where grown men where spandex briefs and baby oil and pounce all over one another, and it was glorious.  It was a welcome reprieve because the week before vacation when Dakota was gone and I was vastly outnumbered by boys I was subjected to excessive amounts of it.  I still haven't recovered. 
*That our life would be kinda boring with only one kid.  Our house needs the noise, the Hot Wheels in unsuspecting places, the shorts hidden in the couch (why do they feel the need to strip down to their underwear whenever the mood strikes?), to feel like home.  Remind me I said that in a day or two.  :)

Upon the boys' happy return, we picked them up from the airport (they flew home BY THEMSELVES!), and we hadn't been in the car 10 minutes when I looked back and both boys were shoeless and shirtless and I could no longer hear myself think because of the mounting volume of their voices .  You can take the boys out of the country but you can't take the country out of the boy, I guess.
 
Blade is all about the shirtless now because as he excitedly exclaimed to me, "Mommy, LOOK I have ABS!  I got ABS in Tennessee!  I have a 2 pack now!"  And here we thought he was at his aunt and uncle's in TN spending quality time with them, who knew they had him on a STRENUOUS ab workout?  I should probably book myself a trip to see them ASAP if that's the case. 

I've made a new BFF.  It's the sweet teenage girl at the ice cream shop in the neighboring town that we frequent, since our own town only has a Tropical Sno stand, not an ice cream shop.  Every time we go there I order the same thing...a vanilla cherry dipped cone, double, triple, dip it as many times as you can, cone.  Normally, wherever I order that I may get a double dipped but the dip stopped there, no matter how much I begged and pleaded for more dips.  But someone finally took me seriously.  Enter my new BFF.  Last week when we were there she said, "Is it ok if I put it in a bowl because I've dipped it so many times it's too heavy for the cone?"  IS IT OK?!?  It's more than OK, it was the happiest ice cream cone of my life!  I literally had to chisel the ice cream out of the bowl because there was so much cherry dip.  It was a dream come true.  Tonight, when we went the same girl was working and I told her I wanted it exactly like last week because that was the BEST.CHERRY.DIP.CONE.EVER.  And she did not disappoint.  This week when she handed me my cherry dip not-a-cone, it was swimming in the cherry dip, and I nearly cried.  It was so perfect.   Finally, an ice cream barista who understands my needs, who gets me.  I hope she never goes away. 

Big day ahead tomorrow.  Gotta be up early to make the coffee, throw in a load of laundry, and WASH THE CHICKENS.  You know, the usual.  Dakota is making her 4H debut at the county fair tomorrow in the poultry show.  Showing your chickens does NOT involve leading them around a show ring on a leash but it DOES involve dunking them in buckets of soapy water and then clean water to prepare them for showing.  I'm sure that will be a sight to behold, I'll try to take pictures.  All I know is that this fair stuff has me running around like a chicken with my head cut off (pun totally intended).  We're new to this 4H thing and to the whole "showing" thing at the fair so I've made no less than 32 calls to the "Poultry Person" and/or the 4H Coordinator for our county.  I mean, I do not want to be the one getting kicked out of the county fair for not having clean enough chickens.  Wish us  cluck luck!







No comments:

Post a Comment